View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 01:44 AM   #41
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadioflex View Post
I detest writing but I keep getting bothered by ideas I feel compelled to put on a screen. I have a patchy history with alcohol - mainly my memory is patchy - but I thought I'd experiment.

First I bought a 3 litre box of wine. The good stuff, Hardys cab-sauv - I'm not an animal. I put the radio on to help with the mood, and to drown out the sound of the noisy little blighters making their way to school outside. Then I fired up Libreoffice and was left staring at that all too familiar bleak snowfield where the words should go.

I was on my third tumbler by now - Libreoffice can take what seems like an eternity to boot up - and quite peckish so I made myself a snack and brought it back to the computer. You can't beat a delicious salty snack for helping the writing process.

After Googling peanuts and peanut allergies for a while and a bit more liquid inspiration I re-focussed myself on the work at hand - handy tip here: if in doubt focus on the MIDDLE work at hand. I'd finally made a start on what I was writing, though this was more as a result of hitting keys while levering snack fragments out of the keyboard - a laborious process considerably quickened by turning the keyboard upside down, though this disturbed my equilibrium and I fell out of my chair. Again.

I'd never felt so inspired, I went and got more snacks. I'd stashed my tumbler somewhere safe by now and was drinking straight from the winebox, which is the sort of thing a pirate would do. That led to me Googling Rihanna. It always comes back to Rihanna.

After I climbed out of the rose bushes, I got my bearings and flagged down a taxi. Obviously the language barrier made communication difficult but a kind lady at the airport held my hand through the booking procedure.

All in all, I still detest writing, but alcohol can make the process pass much quicker.
Sounds like there's a story to tell right there.lol.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote