View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 08:57 PM   #1
NASCARaddicted
Addict
NASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: BeBook One, Pocketbook Touch, Pocketbook Touch HD
epub check tells me "Version not found" in my content.opf

Hello

I hope you people can help me (again).

I am working on creating an epub file, but I am doing it all on my own, no Sigil, no Calibre, just me and my html editor (Notepad ++).

So far I followed some helpful links from the Internet. I saw many examples about how the content.opf should look. I think I got it finished. However, when I use the epub checker (or similar validator tools) to see if it is valid, I receive an error.

Error in content.opf
Version not found.

So it seems as if something is missing in my content.opf file. But I am not sure what. As I said, I found some examples and just used them in my content.opf

Personally, I think it is somewhere in the first part, with the metadata. But as I said, I just copied some examples from the net ...

Here is my content.opf file for that book, I hope you guys can help me.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"??>
<package xmlns="http://www.idpf.org/2007/opf" unique-identifier="BookID" version="2.0" >
<metadata xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:opf="http://www.idpf.org/2007/opf">
<dc:title>Testbook</dc:title>
<dc:creator opf:role="aut">Test Author</dc:creator>
<dc:language>de</dc:language>
<dc:rights>Public Domain</dc:rights>
<dc:publisher>NASCARaddicted</dc:publisher>
<dc:identifier id="BookID" opf:scheme="UUID">Testbook</dc:identifier>
</metadata>

<manifest>
<item id="ncx" href="toc.ncx" media-type="application/x-dtbncx+xml" />
<item id="style" href="default.css" media-type="text/css" />
<item id="Kapitel00" href="Split-Test000.html" media-type="application/xhtml+xml" />
<item id="Kapitel01" href="Split-Test001.html" media-type="application/xhtml+xml" />
<item id="Kapitel02" href="Split-Test002.html" media-type="application/xhtml+xml" />
<item id="Kapitel03" href="Split-Test003.html" media-type="application/xhtml+xml" />
<item id="Kapitel04" href="Split-Test004.html" media-type="application/xhtml+xml" />
<item id="Kapitel05" href="Split-Test005.html" media-type="application/xhtml+xml" />
<item id="Kapitel06" href="Split-Test006.html" media-type="application/xhtml+xml" />
<item id="Kapitel07" href="Split-Test007.html" media-type="application/xhtml+xml" />
<item id="Kapitel08" href="Split-Test008.html" media-type="application/xhtml+xml" />
<item id="Kapitel09" href="Split-Test009.html" media-type="application/xhtml+xml" />
<item id="Kapitel10" href="Split-Test010.html" media-type="application/xhtml+xml" />
<item id="Kapitel11" href="Split-Test011.html" media-type="application/xhtml+xml" />
<item id="Kapitel12" href="Split-Test012.html" media-type="application/xhtml+xml" />
<item id="Kapitel13" href="Split-Test013.html" media-type="application/xhtml+xml" />
<item id="Cover" href="images/cover.jpg" media-type="image/jpg" />
<item id="Kapitel14" href="Split-Test014.html" media-type="application/xhtml+xml" />
<item id="Logo" href="images/Logo.jpg" media-type="image/jpg" />
</manifest>

<spine toc="ncx">
<itemref idref="Kapitel00" />
<itemref idref="Kapitel01" />
<itemref idref="Kapitel02" />
<itemref idref="Kapitel03" />
<itemref idref="Kapitel04" />
<itemref idref="Kapitel05" />
<itemref idref="Kapitel06" />
<itemref idref="Kapitel07" />
<itemref idref="Kapitel08" />