View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 06:47 AM   #359
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
I generally don't listen to a series back to back, just to avoid the getting burned out on it. For example, over the last several months I've been alternating between Patricia Brigg's Mercy Thompson series, Zelazny's Amber series (listening to Hand of Oberon right now), Steven Brust's Taltos series and David Weber's War God series. Throw in a few new books (The Mark of Athena, the latest Rick Riordan book is currently queued up behind Hand of Oberon) and I get a good enough mix that I don't get burned out on any one author. I also find that it's good to try to mix the tone of the books. That's one reason that I like to mix in youth books, such as the Harry Potter and the Rick Riordan books, with the gritter books such as the Mercy Thompson books. Weber's War God series makes a nice change of pace from the urban fantasy or the Zelazny/Brust books.

Last edited by pwalker8; 11-21-2012 at 06:55 AM.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote