View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 09:18 AM   #17
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@ElMiko - if the selection contains line feed characters, then indeed it does look like Paste Clip is broken in this build (have fixed for next release).

However your comment about the text between heading tags - that is also text that happens to contain line feed characters in it? As if it is normal text on a single line that works fine for me? If it isn't a multiple line issue then please give us more repro details/sample file.
You're right; i misdescribed the issue. The bug appears to be even more situation specific than simply "text between heading tags"... additional testing has proved that if the selected text in question has parentheses, it trips up the application of clips.

eg:
Code:
1 <h3>A Wise Child</h3>

2 <h3>A (Wise) Child</h3>
in line 1, selecting the text between the heading tags applies the clip "<p class="calibre1">\1</p>" just fine. But in the second line, it just remains inert, as with trying to apply clips over multiple lines of text. For the record, I'm not sure if there are additional triggers other than parentheses to this bug.

EDIT: I've found 5 (or 6, depending on how you count) more characters that break the application of a clip: square brackets, carets, asterisks, back-slashes (\), and vertical slashes (|) (in this last instance, the clip is applied, but only to part of the selected text). Basically, it looks like it's having trouble escaping special characters when it applies the regex contained within the clip. Since my own understanding of reg-ex is still in what i'd consider "early stages", I'm not sure if there are other special characters, or combinations of characters that will trigger this error.

EDIT2: additional characters that cause the error: "$", "+", "?". Periods, however, don't seem to be causing a problem.

Last edited by ElMiko; 10-14-2012 at 09:35 AM.