View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 02:15 PM   #481
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Reset?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
I set my password as "1" and can switch between parental or not. I don't typically deregister a device I use (other than the mess that is going on now), but with the controls on, you can't use the shop from the device. Meh, no biggie. I use my iPad for that anyway.
If the PW freezes up and cannot open, the reset option may be your only salvation. With parental controls on you may have to send it back to Amazon to get the reset.

Also, if stolen, the first step is to deregister it. If you can't do that, again you will have to call Amazon.

If you have parental controls off and it is stolen and books are purchased before you deregister it, you can call Amazon to have the book purchases reversed.

My Kindle Fire does not have this problem. However, there, if parental controls are on, then one cannot access the internet. Thus, even with that one I disabled parental controls.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote