View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 06:12 PM   #1
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Kindle Fire won't download books -- solution

In case anyone else is having this problem--

Over the last two weeks I started having problems downloading books to my Kindle Fire. Normally I buy my books from the Amazon site by browsing with my PC and selecting the Kindle to which I want my book sent at the time I make the purchase. This normally works fine.

A week or two ago I started running into problems. After I had purchased a book, they never showed up on my Kindle. I tried clicking on the "gear" at the top of the Kindle screen and selecting sync, but that didn't work. I rebooted. No help. There wasn't any problem with the WiFi because I could browse the net on my Kindle. I used my PC to go to Amazon's Manage My Kindle section and sent the book again. Still didn't work. Eventually, I called Amazon support and the tech was able to force my book over, but couldn't tell me why I was having a problem.

It worked fine for a week or two, but yesterday the problem started happening again. This time I found a blog post on the teleread.com site that recommended clicking the "gear" then "+More" then "My Account" then deregistering. After it deregisters click the Register button to re-register it. The teleread instructions said you wouldn't need to type anything back in to re-register, but I needed to re-enter my email and password. Once I did this -- poof -- my books showed up.

I hope this helps someone else.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote