View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 11:22 AM   #34
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Collections, at least as implemented on the Sony devices, are tags. They are "pseudo folders" in which books which have been given a certain tag, appear.
Well, yes and no.

While you can put a book in more than one collection you can't navigate the collections other than a flat list.

For example, if I have the following collections:

SF
Fantasy
History
Read
Unread

I have no way to list ebooks that were Unread and SF.

Reading the Kindle docs on collections someone linked to above it looks like it is the same as the Sony... a single layer of collections is listed.

So, you can call them "tags" but the navigation through the "tags" is limited to a flat list.

Also, I see nothing in the Collections doc about how to sort stuff within a collection... or how it sorts the collection list.

When you display collections does it list ebooks that aren't in a collection also or does it create a psuedo collection called "no collection" or do you just not have access to non-tagged ebooks when viewing collections?

Will collections work with ebooks you didn't buy from Amazon? If so, I assume it won't sync those.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote