View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 09:34 PM   #14
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
http://picasaweb.google.com/flushing...FontSelection# <===Follow the Link

The First Image is Georgia, Followed by Baskerville Old Face, Then Verdana all depict the same page. at the Various Font Sizes, the Novel I used was 492 Pages Under Georgia, 440 Pages Under Baskerville, and 564 Pages Under Verdana.

the Font Weight of Baskerville is Just Too Small. the Lines are not dark enough. I find it to be horrible for this device. Upping the Font Size up a notch to make the book 686 pages (up from 440) helps make it more Readable, but still less then Verdana at 564 pages.

Verdana reads very very clear. In Fact, it is the most readable font even at a smaller font size. I would say even when decreasing the font size to 381 pages. it is still more readable then Baskerville at 686. For the Lowest Light Situations, Verdana, based on this Test is the way to go to get the most Readability Out of the reader.

Georgia Remains my favorite though in How it Looks, But I must Admit Verdana would be my first Choice in Readabilty.

If anyone would Like to Suggest a Font, Please Do. I would love to find the Perfect Font.

It is My Conclusion that a Font With a Heavy Line Weight (Bolder), but Large White Space in the lettering would be the most readable. Although, In my Previous Testing, Using a Bold Font VS. the Same Font non Bold, the Non Bold Version was Easier to ready. for that I Used Times, and Georgia to Test. Both Serif Fonts.

Last edited by Andybaby; 03-12-2009 at 09:43 PM.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote