View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 03:44 AM   #9
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
spMatti, thanks a million!

Mrs_Often, when you say:

ah, so your suggestion is to set up a new email account dedicated to the kobo that will "sync" on google drive? great idea, thanks! Very much hope this works on the Mini, too!
Yep, that's what I'm saying And then set up gmail to automatically label emails that have attachments, and use Amit Agarwal's Google Drive script to automatically collect the attachments from the labelled emails... Resulting in emailing yourself an epub -> epub goes to Google Drive -> Kobo device collects the epub from Google Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by spMatti View Post
- I think it should work on the Glo and Mini, because they have the same firmware. There are some differences in platforms and I can't promise it will work. If it doesn't work, we just have to debug the problems
Great! We'll have paola trying the mini, and as soon as I finally receive my Glo replacement I'll be trying the Glo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spMatti View Post
- Firmware update can do almost anything so I can't be sure . Most likely the virtual SD card won't start automatically after update. Probably you just have to hit "sync" after update and restart the eReader. You shouldn't have to reauthorize.
Also sounds good! We'll find out sooner or later, depending on when Kobo decides to give us some fixes
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote