View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 12:19 PM   #48
jonnyt
jonnyt began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle & Kindle HD Fire
K4 jailbreak battery depleted in 115 - 16 hrs

Hi Everyone

This is my first post here and I'd like to thank everyone here for all the information and guides (and patience with all our noob questions )
Well I read what I thought was enough about the kindle 4 non touch with firmware - 4.1.0 installed and registered, but have come a little stuck & confused,
So I thought I would get rid of the crappy screen savers.
I used the :- kindle-jailbreak-k4-1.5.N from this site. I read the read me files 10 times before install. Then held my breath and created the 3 files "data.tar.gz", "ENABLE_DIAGS" and "diagnostic_logs" in the root of kindle.
Then ejected and followed the rest of the instructions from read me file until the last Q to quit and the kindle took for ever to restart. Eventually saw the jailbreak screen and the jailbreak file appeared in the content screen. wow I did it then got a wee bit nervous when I found that airplane mode was turned on throughout the jailbreak, so I decided to turn it off a leave it for today.
When I tried to turn the kindle on this morning I was greeted by a battery sign saying connect to usb charger. 10 mins of charge and it started up again Pheww.
So question is when reading uninstall instructions it says
"it is recommended that you first uninstall a+le and copy the uninstaller .bin to the Kindle's USB drive's root"
My question is what are is a+le , and is this likley to cure my battery problem
Thanks in advance Jon Happy new year to you all
jonnyt is offline   Reply With Quote