View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 04:14 PM   #297
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
Did try to contact the author? So many have blogs and their own websites now so you might be able to find an email address listed somewhere. (Yes, I've done it, and yes the author responded quickly each time, so it can work.)
I did try, after giving the publisher a shot. Nothing yet but hopefully I hear something soon. I had to track him down through the school he teaches at.

UPDATE:
I just got a response from Lerer. He got a hold of his publisher... Well, I'll let the man talk.

Quote:
I have contacted the publisher and they will be contacting you. They are surprised that there are portions of the book missing and they are looking into it.
Seth Lerer
UPDATE Part Deux:
The publisher contacted me. Things are progressing super quick.
Quote:
Dear Keith Brown,

I was recently forwarded an e-mail that you sent to Seth Lerer about the EPUB version of his Inventing English. It is quite disturbing to us that incomplete versions are being sold. I assure you that we distributed a full and complete e-book and have not heard of anyone removing images for rights issues.

I wonder if you could tell me where you purchased or found this e-book? That could help us clear this up. Also, on the copyright page of the e-book, do you see the lines, "A Columbia University Press E-book. CUP would be pleased to hear about your reading experience with this e-book at cup-ebook@columbia.edu"? We add this to every converted title, and since you did not send your concern to this address, I wonder if you might have a version of the e-book produced by someone else.

Thanks very much for your time on this matter. CUP cares very much about the quality of its e-books, as much as we do our print books. It is extremely disturbing to us that an incomplete version is available.

All the best,

Michael

Last edited by Hellmark; 11-13-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote