View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 05:33 AM   #21373
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Have you considered that your weight loss might be being counterbalanced by the muscle mass you are accruing through your exercise? As we all know, muscle weighs more than fat.
Yes, that is happening now. The weight isn't dripping off me any more but my shape is changing radically. I went out shopping for new pants today as all my old ones can only stay up with suspenders (braces to you.) If I try to just tighten my belt, the waistline pleats up like crazy! But my 'love handles' are disappearing, (which are above my belt line,) my thighs are increasing as is my chest size. My waist can now fit into a men's medium shirt without straining the buttons, but my shoulders and chest have never been anything but Men's Large.

I'd like to lose another seven kilo, but I don't think that's going to happen before I leave for our paragliding trip. I'm more than happy with the weight I've already shed, but I'm really tickled pink about the fact that I can now march at a quick pace up a really steep hill for 3k and not feel as if my heart is going to explode. Hell, I had been at the point where two flights of stairs was almost doing me in. Now I can climb 12 flights and just be a bit winded and feel the burn in my legs.

I've added another 200 protein calories to my daily consumption, just because of the muscle growth. I'm up to about 700-1,000 per day. No loss of energy, good muscle growth, great endurance, and steady but diminishing weight loss as my body fat reduces. I just hope that I have the motivation to keep this up AFTER the paragliding school...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote