View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 06:03 PM   #1
Cpt. Tim
Cpt. Tim began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
email to sony about the connect store.

Can you explain what kind of rights issues are involved in expanding the current paltry selection of ebooks availible on the connect store right now?

I understand there are issues, but you cite this as a rights issue between authors and publishers. Since there is a plethora of material out there that is available from other ebook publishers, i'm assuming there may be additional issues?

If a book or author has readily available drmed ebooks under another store, what would be the delay in securing those rights for the sony connect store?

In the event that the situation does not turn around and the addition of new material continues at its current rate or trickles to a stop entirely, what steps would sony be taking to ensure that our purchase of their product was worth while? I would suggest adding support for other formats of drmed ebooks to the readers firmware, or liscencing the use of the readers format to other ebook providers.

Can you give me some kind of timeframe in which you expect the situation to improve? As i've made a 350 dollar investment, i feel it should be a question of selecting what i would like to read, instead of scouring the connect store for something i'm willing to.

thank you for your time and attention.

Tim.

EDIT FOR THE FORUM: this may seem harsh but i've been burned by sonys horrible anti consumer practices as a company before. It was only this great product and its reasonable price tag that got me to break a long boycott of their products.

Last edited by Cpt. Tim; 05-25-2007 at 06:15 PM.
Cpt. Tim is offline   Reply With Quote