View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 11:33 PM   #10
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
At the risk of being accused a traitor I nearly suggested you buy a Kindle Paperwhite because of their superior PDF handling, but there is a forum thread in the developer's corner where someone has ported the Kindle PDF viewer over for Kobo readers, so go for the Glo. You'll love the lighting feature, it is hard to convey how much better it is than fiddling around with a booklight, batteries, lighting angles, blah, blah, blah, ad infinitum.

I don't read anything PDF on my Glo or Touch, mostly because I have an android tablet with a 10" screen, and a 12" Lenovo X41 tablet convertible PC that's simply quicker and better suited for reading and scaling PDFs, but haven't been impressed with trying to read PDFs on any e-ink reader as most PDFs I've run into are sized for larger displays, or if paperback book sized I've run them through Calibre and converted to Epubs.

Buy the Glo, it's a lighted Touch with a better display, what more could you want? Don't forget to buy a hard case/cover to protect that nice new display.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote