View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 01:34 PM   #9
Kemp
Zealot
Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Forgive me if I'm missing something, but I didn't find anything there suggesting that you were actually banned from the use of Createspace or DTP. Was there something else where Amazon mentioned you could no longer submit either that work or any other?

Secondly, and again I apologize if some other information makes this issue clearer, but why is it assumed that the controversial nature and content of your book is the reason why they kicked you to the curb? Is it possible that there was something else at play?

For example, they might not like to publish unfinished works, though I can't confirm it. Or, assuming you paid for one of the editing services, perhaps they felt you were going beyond the stated contract terms by inquiring about further editing of content without going through their paid service. I glanced through their editing packages, and it seemed that only the Editorial Evaluation package held any sort of full copy and content editing, but of course forgive me if that's the one you utilized.

The "title contains content in violation" statement may just be a form letter used in rejection. Perhaps read through their Terms of Use and see if something pops out as clashing with your book. I definitely agree that Amazon sucks when it comes to their partner services. They respond slowly and often give cryptic answers, but that's just the way it is with them.

Finally, I have to strongly agree with Neil. Using a retailer as a method of guiding probably won't help you all that much, especially if its only a work in progress. Personally, I'd recommend doing a considerable amount of research on the publishing field, including distribution, marketing, querying (if you're interested in that sort of thing), genres, and everything else you are curious or in the dark about. With absolutely no offense intended, the statement, "I'm very new to this," will not gain favor with any professional in this field.
Kemp is offline   Reply With Quote