View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 04:31 PM   #4
Zzz
Zzz began at the beginning.

Device: K2 (for now)
I looked at a 700 the other day, and I really liked that when I put a PDF on its SD card, it changed the display and reflow when changing font size and orientation. The highlighting and annotation functions are why I am considering the 700. It looks like the notes can be transferred to and viewed on the computer used for syncing, but I don't know how you get the notes out of the syncing software.

I emailed Sony Support about it. The first response:
Thank you for contacting Sony Support.

I'm glad to provide the information on transferring the notes you made in the Sony Reader to the computer. You can make notes in both the Reader and in the eBook Library software. When you copy a book from eBook Library to the Reader or vice versa the older notes will be replaced with the newer notes.
The follow-up response:
Thank you for contacting Sony Support.

I'm really sorry, but the notes cannot be printed. You can access the all the notes in the Reader from the "All Notes" in Home menu of the Reader. The All Notes list includes all the Notes of all the books stored on the Reader and memory cards.
So now I am waiting to see what new features, if any, the Kindle will have in the new version. Like native PDF support, for a start.
Zzz is offline   Reply With Quote