Old 07-24-2014, 07:54 PM   #6
pencema
pencema began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia 520 Windows Phone
Make it work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Chapman View Post
Glad you like the app!

You may be interested to know that I'm going to be putting out a major update to the app within the next few weeks. Nokia were kind enough to offer me some time with a Microsoft UI design expert, and he gave me all kinds of useful hints. I think the result is a significantly more 'polished' app, in any case.

I'll also be taking the opportunity to migrate the app onto Windows Phone 8 (so far it is still a Windows Phone 7 app, which runs on WP8 in a kind of 'comaptibility' mode). That will mean it's possible to open books directly from web sites and email attachments (and also from the storage card, though I have some more programming to do, to get that working).

I'll post an update on MobileRead at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=103358 once I've got that new release up and running. And I'll always be glad to receive feedback (in forum, or by email to jim@turnipsoft.co.uk, or via the app's feedback screen, as you prefer).
Can you make it work this time? Seriously, I recently purchased Freda+ and can't get it to open en e-book. I downloaded the book from my PC using OneDrive (successor to SkyDrive). The book appears on the app page, but won't open.
pencema is offline   Reply With Quote