View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #10
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Look a little closer. he was referring to metadata updates not metadata downloads.
Ah I understand. Turning of the tag browser does indeed make a big difference in this regard, in the GUI at least although I love the tag browser.

Kovid Goyal explained to me that the tag browser took a lot of time to update every time a field was changed. Even with the tag browser off though it takes a long time to do a bulk metadata change of even one field in two records, so there is something else in play here.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote