View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 03:07 AM   #2
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
I would have thought Clive Cussler would keep you going for a while, that's quite a backlog (I gave up once he got to the shared-author stuff in more recent times).

Matthew Reilly has a few novels that aren't too bad, in particular his "Shane Schofield" hero (Ice Station etc) is quite similar to Cussler's Dirk Pitt ... not as good in my opinion, too much written-to-be-a-movie for my tastes, but they still provide reasonable entertainment.

If you do a forum search for these names you are likely to see several other suggestions of use.

If you want something with a bit more depth (but not too much ) then I like Nelson DeMille. Not really action/adventure, he's usually classified under Mystery/Thriller, but his books usually have quite distinctive and well defined heroes which, to me, gives them a similar feel. A really good action read with his name plastered on it is "Mayday", co-authored by Thomas H Block - Block's name was the only one on the first edition. (Well I think of it as action, I couldn't put it down.)
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote