View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 12:05 PM   #871
Micah
Bluefire Reader dude
Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philantrop View Post
ePub3? You mean because of the thousands of ebooks using it? Yes, you should probably really adjust your resources...

Like MegaReader (other competitors created mostly by a single developer, not a company, being left out here), you're losing ground with readers, Micah. This may be acceptable for you because your primary business model seems to consist of selling re-branded Blurefire readers and (re-)selling Adobe SDK licences but you should be well aware that people *do* complain to the companies you've licenced Bluefire to, e. g. libri.de. Of course, for some time, those companies will ignore those complaints but if they actually start losing business due to it, they'll re-evaluate their choices.
Well, we spend everyday, all day, working hard to make our apps better. Doing the best we can. I'm proud of what we've accomplished, but certainly much work to do. By the way, implementing EPUB3 support is a *HUGE* project. Apple's policies on browser engines and Android's fractured browser landsacape make it that much harder. We are working through that...

I've never seen a piece of software that people don't complain about. But I hear you that there is huge pressure on us to match reading systems being made by companies investing many millions. A challenge for a small, bootstrap company for sure.

But, I think we are actually doing a pretty damn good job given the situation. Never good enough, and we need to constantly strive to do better.

In any case, thanks for the constructive criticism. I'm listening.
-Micah
Micah is offline   Reply With Quote