View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 03:51 AM   #10
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Many people - myself included - find that iPad backups are painfully slow. Mine takes something like an hour to do a backup, every time I connect it to my PC. This is a real nuisance.

The backup doesn't back up content - just settings, etc, so it's really of very little use when it comes to preserving anything useful following a crash.
That's just not true It backs everything up! Incrementally of course, I'm on a Mac is it different on pc iTunes?

When I had to replace an iPhone I did a backup from previous phone and everything, notes, photos, contacts, apps, messages etc were all put onto the new device from the backup. I have then had to do a full restore and backup numerous times on iPhone due to jailbreak related crashes and it always puts everything back on my phone.

Even accepting people don't want to do a backup why not turn the auto backup off in iTunes?
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote