View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 06:16 AM   #80
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I see the thread by capink, that's a workable solution (probably--does Kovid's suggestion work in the case of translated plugins?)
Kovid's solution is working for me now. I have modified the FM plugin and tested it between two languages and so far it is working without problems. It just needs more testing to make sure everything is OK. Here is link for the updated version if you or anyone else is interested in testing it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
But because existing non-English users have saved settings with their translated strings, FM would need to add a schema version (Reading Lists, for example, already has one) and change previously saved settings to 'canonical' strings. Which if done incorrectly could destroy people's settings.
I am not sure this needs to be done, given how rare this is going to be. I think it easier to tell people who might have this problem to just delete the entries and re-add them while using the updated version. That is what I am going to do in my plugin.
capink is offline   Reply With Quote