Thread: Ulysses
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 11:04 PM   #6
Fat Abe
Man Who Stares at Books
Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All of the Above
I find reading out of order, and based on my mood for the week, the only logical way to approach the book. I never met a woman like Molly Bloom until I met my wife. She's a lass, lassie, and lassoer. The complexity of the book did not dissuade me. Why should a novel be easy to comprehend or geared toward the masses? Others might prefer reading Janet Evanovich or Frank Herbert for an accessible plot, but not I. If you've gone through many years of schooling, the name Eumaeus should not be unfamiliar to you. Is that why people are so upset by Joyce? Do they think he is writing over their heads? Even if he were, who the blarney cares?
Fat Abe is offline   Reply With Quote