View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 09:58 AM   #12
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbzdmo View Post
Once I had finished installing the plugins I wanted and restarted Calibre, I clicked on the ICON, decided there were no more I waned to install and pressed close without taking any action. the ICON was no longer on the task bar.
That sounds rather strange, not something I can replicate nor knowing the code think of a cause. Are you sure you didn't accidentally uninstall the Plugin Updater itself when you went back into the updater dialog? What is the status of the Plugin Updater plugin right now - is it still installed, is it on any toolbars etc. Do you still get the same behaviour when you restart Calibre and open/close the dialog?
Quote:
Is there some way of knowing if plugin updates are available without you having to press the Icon?
Right now, no. Kovid did ask me to expose an API from the code which would allow Calibre to check whether plugin updates are available, in a similar way I guess to how it checks whether a Calibre update is available. That plumbing is done, but it needs a full integration with Calibre to finish the job so that Calibre can notify you.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote