View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 02:08 PM   #3
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
First, my Kobo glow is in the U.S. When I go there Dec. 20, I'll be able to register it.

Here are my concerns:

I'm thinking of buying a few ebooks right now from Kobo.com BEFORE I register the Kobo.

(1) Will there be any problems later when I actually register my Kobo Glow?

(2) Can the calibre plugins handle the conversion of epubs bought from Kobo.com, so that I can read them on my other devices?

Thanks,
Don
1- you can buy books now, register your reader later as long as it's the same account. I had been buying Kobo books a long time before buying my first Kobo reader!
2- yes the Alf plugins work but not on the books purchased directly on the device; they are "kepubs" and only work on Kobo devices. You have to use a computer to download the actual "epub" from your library on the Kobo site and convert that copy in Calibre for reading on other devices.
I personally never buy books using my Kobo readers, I always purchase on my PC since I run everything through Calibre. That's because I buy from several sources including Amazon and have several different devices I read on.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote