View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 02:12 PM   #182
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh603 View Post
I think the term for this is "overcriminalization," and from what I've seen it began about the same time the Boomers started having kids and getting elected to various legislatures. I've got a hunch it came about from the Boomers realizing what they got away with as kids, and deciding they weren't going to let any future generations get away with the same stuff.

I'm wondering when people are going to start flogging and beheading rebellious children like they did in the Geneva Experiment.
Do you have some references(links) for the Geneva experiment beheading and flogging of children. I seem to have a morbid curiousity on this and am unable to find anything remotely similiar using google. I find links on the Geneva experiment as in Big Bang, and nazi beheading and measuring skulls of the Jewish people, but nothing that seems remotely like what you are talking about.

Thanks

BTW Some of the things that may be being overcriminalized today, such as copyright circumvention, downloading videos or music were not technologically possible when boomers were children, and not that easy, cheap or convenient when they started having children.

Helen