View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 10:07 AM   #22
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Hmmm, if I remember correctly, Penguin announced they would get back into library lending, but it would be a select set of books, nothing recent. Can't remember where I saw it, though...

Likely it was somewhere here or on DearAuthor.com - my two sources for all things ebook.
I can't imagine that any publisher who loves and produces books and ideas wouldn't feel a little sad that their current work isn't in a library and work towards getting represented there somehow. Doesn't that really say your work is considered worth preserving?

Maybe the Library of Congress is the official cultural institution of preservation, at least here in the USA, but when the zombie apocalypse or global warming/freezing occurs, it will be the local library that gets and keeps civilization going again. (Which is why we need paper books as well, I guess)

Last edited by GlenBarrington; 04-02-2013 at 10:10 AM.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote