View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 01:00 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
AFAIK, Sipix screens have a glass substrate just as eInk screens currently do, so there's no reason to suppose that they're more robust.

On the other hand, I really don't think that eInk screens ARE especially fragile. They are certainly not children's toys, and should be kept out of the hands of small children, but treat them with a reasonable degree of respect and there's no reason to expect problems. I've lost count of the number of different eInk devices I've owned, and I've never had a screen break. What breaks screens is not so much knocks, but twisting forces. Avoid those - and ALWAYS keep a reader in a decent case - and you should be absolutely fine.

Hopefully this year we'll finally see eInk screens with a plastic substrate. Goodness knows, they've been long enough in appearing!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote