View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 10:28 AM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by N13L5 View Post
if someone did write a recipe to pull down a book might it be re-usable insofar as it could be adapted with a different url to pull a different book?
Look at any multipage recipe (Adventure Gamers is one). They are just as adaptable. Search on the word "multipage" here to get further info. Feel free to adapt one. Ask questions - they'll get answered.

Quote:
I feel people would have to admit few news feeds contain information as valuable as an MIT 101 computer science course on Scheme and basic programming principles?
I agree - it's just not something that needs a "recipe" to bake a cake (create a book) multiple times. You want to avoid the work of doing it manually by asking someone else to write a recipe that will do that one job automatically. I'm not blaming you - you probably didn't see the difference between a "feed" that changes "and a "book" that doesn't. That's why I posted.

Quote:
If I finished that book maybe I'd be more successful at creating these dang recipes...
There are other better sources for Calibre recipe info.

You can also look at some automatic website grabbers, such as wget, HTTrack and web2disk.

Good luck
Edit: I probably shouldn't have pointed only to multipage recipes. They put multiple pages into a single page. For a book, it might be better to turn recursion on and let the recipe track down all the pages by restricting the URLs that can be followed.

Last edited by Starson17; 10-07-2010 at 10:43 AM.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote