View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #65
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abradoks View Post
Great application, ixtab!
First off, thanks for the appreciation, and for the detailed feedback. I'll cover most of the details below (please don't get too disappointed though! )

Quote:
Is it possible to add "Update collections" feature, that will purge empty collections and create new collections only for books that aren't in any yet?
No, because it wouldn't be possible to know which collection new books should go into.

Quote:
- hierarchical view
The current view is hierarchical. If you were thinking about something like a "tree mode", then no. A tree mode doesn't make sense at all with the current user interface. Think about it.

Quote:
- make toolbar vertical: saves space and allows more buttons
No. It would ruin the "up/down" buttons understandability. Plus, there is no need for more buttons (but there would be the space for one, or even two, more)

Quote:
- "select all" button
No. But that's just because I'm lazy, because it would require two buttons instead of one (for upper/lower pane), and because the whole idea of the program isn't to move massive amounts of items around (and clicking 5 items instead of one is still acceptable).

Quote:
- ability to delete books too (non recursively, so deleting collection won't delete books in it)
No. No way. This is a collections manager, not a content manager. I don't need posts like "Help! I accidentally clicked on the wrong button, now you help me to recover the book that I paid for" here.

Quote:
- menu option to delete selected items recursively
See above. A tree structure makes no sense, so this doesn't either.

Quote:
Also, what do you think about profiles support? E.g. everything in "documents/$profilename$.profile/" is treated the same way if it was in "documents/", but is displayed only if specific menu item is checked. Is it possible to maintain separate book progress and recent history?
Please don't get carried away. The thing you're requesting would touch many, many more aspects than just collections. You're requesting a new framework here. So: no.

Quote:
Bug report:
- Click "Display only collections" (next page button gets disabled, as expected) -> "Hide invisible" -> "Display all" -> next page button stays disabled.
And finally: yes Thanks for the bug report, this should be fixed with the current version.

Last edited by ixtab; 08-06-2012 at 04:37 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote