View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 08:24 AM   #10
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by edyedy View Post
thanks for the resources!
and,why ARM?
Because the Kindles use an ARM processor.

As to MR ads - they pay the bills here.

Add AdBlock+ to your browser or switch to a browser (such as Firefox) than supports AdBlock+ or find a similar tool for the browser you are stuck with.

{rant}
Note: All of the support resources provided by KnetConnect.com server are all "user supported" not "ad supported".

The current "user support" is by donation, but that may change to "by subscription" when kual.knetconnect.com, wiki.knetconnect.com and drpbox.knetconnect.com resume allowing new member registrations.

For the past year+, the only 'user' that has been supporting the KnetConnect.com server bill is my own pocketbook.
Sorry, folks, but I can't do that myself forever, that has to change and I hate ads.
{/rant}

It is a fact of life that this "free software" is not free to either produce nor to distribute, the hosting company still likes to be paid every month.
A web site that can support a 1/2 million members, like Mobileread, requires **racks** of dedicated hardware to operate.

Last edited by knc1; 08-09-2013 at 08:34 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote