View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 04:42 PM   #12
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I know how it sounds, but it's not that I don't understand encryption. I'm simply reporting that there are organizations that are realistically trying to find "workarounds" that will identify the general contents of an encrypted file, not the actual content, but enough to flag improper files and prompt investigations. At any rate, I agree with the comments here that doing so will be exceedingly unlikely, so I suppose the TM system would not work. (Unless someone sees some other way around the problem that I'm not aware of.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moz View Post
FWIW, pedophile rings are normally cracked because of human factors, not technical attacks. Viz, some moron slips up.
They are also cracked by raw effort, i.e., officers haunting chat rooms, doing gumshoe work, setting up stings... IOW, sometimes even the smart ones get nailed. I understand that, too. And who knows... maybe that's what we should expect to see, an e-books version of the RIAA, kicking in the doors at your local pirate's house...
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote