View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 04:37 PM   #104
badbob001
Fanatic
badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (rip), Kindle Voyage, Fire Tablet 10 '17, iPad '19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jozicka View Post
There is one think on K3 I do not understand, If I choose actual size, pressing next page puts me directly to next page, but If I leave default (fit page), pressing next page puts me to second half of the page.
In any zoomed mode, the page buttons will go to the next page and not pan to the next section of the document. If there was a way to control the zoom window with pixel-level perfection to crop out margins, then this page button behavior is good since it will maintain the same crop for all following pages.

The reality is that actual size (100%) blows up the image way too big and there should be an option to have the page buttons move the view window in a zigzag motion to scan all parts of the page. And to add to the confusion, when zooming, the zoom window doesn't accurately represent what is going to be displayed. There is also a bug in portrait where the zoom window on the first page is at about 66% of the screen while later pages has it at 25%.

Anyone figure out a PDF setting (resolution, dpi, etc) where Actual Size makes the page match the size of the display? Playing with the density and unit setting with convert.exe, a setting of 300 is close to the actual size but there are still scrollbars.

I also tried just copying the image files straight to the kindle and the images can be viewed fullscreen and the last accessed page is remembered. There is the occasional ghost artifact from previous pages and an annoyance with it saying it's full screen but the title bar is still there. I'm going to try this and if it's okay, I may go this route. I suppose I could had used mangle but canti supports splitting landscape pages (thanks!) and supports converting whole folders of content at a time. Mangle outputs to gif so I'm wondering if I may get better and cleaner results setting canti to gif as well (gif is cleaner than jpg for high contrast line-oriented images).
badbob001 is offline   Reply With Quote