View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 08:22 PM   #22
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Interesting how the guy avoids the questions of price of the color vs. monochrome display. And how the software is going to be more expensive than the display. Uploading the software onto the finished device might as well be the cheapest part of the whole process - developing has to be done only once. I would not be surprised if the OS on an ereader already supports color, and the control chip for the display possibly already accepts color input, but has to turn it into monochrome for display.

Would love to see a large reader for home in the 14" range for a full page display. Some already in mass production (like the russian school jetbook) - but where do you buy it ...
You can buy it on Taobao in China for RMB 2800.-, the Hanvon Reader. Hanvon is the actual manufacturer of this Jetbook. I have never seen the real thing in China in a store and it seems kind of steep for a Chinese designed product (I always have my reservations about those), so I didn't go for it. Besides, the 2800.- includes the 17% local VAT.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote