View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 11:07 PM   #6
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
It appears to me that a comparison with phones and PDAs is very apt. At least as far
as the firmware development process and issues are concerned. In fact, as I understand
it, both the JBL and my Mio P550 PDA/GPS have ARM9 processors. I have had occasion
to look into what was involved in making effective changes in the firmware that these
integrated devices run on. It is much more difficult to make changes that would be very
easy on a PC. The Operating System and the application programs are much more tightly
integrated with each other and with features built into the ARM processor.

I don't know what might prevent, at least a common base development package from
being used for both devices. It would seem a logical way to go about it.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 06-29-2010 at 11:10 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote