View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 03:16 AM   #13
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
If you enjoyed A Brief History of Time, you might enjoy The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene (I've no idea if it's available as an ebook, and it's Sunday arvo, so if you want to go looking, be my guest ). It becomes "technical" of sorts, as it progresses, but its beauty is that it leads logically and gently into it, such that it doesn't feel like you're drowning in conceptual mindwarps (which is a nifty trick, considering the subject matter ). I actually found it a more enjoyable and a bit easier (though much longer) read than A Brief History of Time (and that's without denigrating the latter at all).

Cheers,
Marc
Yep, they're both excellent books.

I also enjoyed Marcus Chown's 'The Magic Furnace' about the origin of atoms. (I keep meaning to look for more by him.)

Richard Fortey's 'Life: an unauthorised biography' is a fascinating account of life on Earth.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote