View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 09:32 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I think what would be cool is if calibre had an "Organize my library" switch like iTunes. If the option is on (the default) it would work how it works now. If the option is off it will only link to where the ebook file currently is. This way you don't need some complex way to specify the way ebooks are stored/organized on the file system.

Either calibre stores then its way or calibre just links to them in the file path. The question then becomes where does it put conversions in this case. My though is it would put it in the same folder as the source file.

BOb
The problem is that this is really only useful for the people that are obsessive enough to maintain all their ebook files in some sort of folder system manually. The whole point of using software to manage your books is so that you dont have to do it. I guess I'm saying I dont see this as an important enough feature to move up my priority list, but patches are always welcome
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote