Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 12:10 PM   #542
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Hi,

thanks for the suggestions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor_2203 View Post
Hello.
I have installed the JBPatch 2.2.1 and it works fine. It's incredible!! I have some suggestions for next versions (if ixtab can implement them):
Just to make this clear again: everybody can create patches, not only ixtab

Quote:
- Fix the "cover view option" without Facebook sincronization (it's tedious to convert the books again).
I might look into this some time in the future (or I might not), so don't hold your breath. However, if anybody has some information about where this flag is "stored" inside the mobi files, feel free to comment. The more information is available, the higher the likelihood of this quirk being fixed somehow.

Quote:
- Include the "disable ads patch" in a bundle version.
Not going to happen.

Quote:
- Show the JBPatch icon as an option in the main menu or as a submenu inside the Launcher menu, instead of an icon in the Home.
Done, see the attached file. If you wish to completely hide the JBPatch program from home, you can use Collections Manager to do so.

Quote:
- Include in bundle the "custom screen saver hack" with two configurable options: choose a folder with images or put as screensaver the cover of the last viewed book.
Not going to happen (well, at least, I personally won't look into it). Reasons:
  • Changing screensavers requires modifications to the root filesystem, which is against the spirit of JBPatch.
  • Screensavers are handled completely outside of the scope of JBPatch (the Java part if the framework). The only thing where it could come into play is for determining which book was last read, but that can very likely also be determined differently.
Attached Files
File Type: zip jbpatch-launcher.zip (1.4 KB, 3759 views)
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote