View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 08:21 AM   #28
caeebe
caeebe began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Touch PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by gortsew View Post
Hi,
Could You or anyone make an MMC Backup (which includes the OS) from eBookman and make that available for me.
http://66.179.52.177/ebookman/downlo...ware.asp#step1

If you have the desktop manager it will copy the os to your eBookman when you sync it with the computer. I wouldn't use the copy of Desktop Manager from your CD but the one from the website since it is probably newer. I am always losing my OS and this is how I recover it. There are no separate files because of this. In order to copy the OS to your ebookman, run Desktop Manager, connect your ebookman, then run Syncronize from within the Desktop Manager. If you want to put the OS onto your MMC card you can Change the Sync Folder from under the file menu. this will copy the ebookman OS to your MMC. Again Desktop Manager is all you need. If your copy of Desktop manager does not have the OS (I once accidentally deleted all the content files) just download another copy of Desktop Manager and it will reset itself. If Desktop Manager continues to crash you may need to set it to run in Compatibility Mode. Right Click on the .exe file and change the compatibility to an older version of windows.
caeebe is offline   Reply With Quote