View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 12:53 PM   #15
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by yegon View Post
Since no one is biting in the welcome thread, I'll cut and paste here...

The only thing I struggle to get my head around is the combo of low storage capacity and wifi only. Streaming/cloud is a big part of Amazon's strategy but doesn't the lack of 3G seriously hamper this functionality? I can understand the reasons of it being omitted - hardware cost and perhaps people's unwillingness to get tied into another data plan - but there being no option of the upsell surprises me. 3G option later perhaps? I can see that the last thing Amazon want is people filling it with their own content, but no 3G seems tos scupper the deal somewhat.

The Fire is not something I'm remotely interested in - I like local storage that allows high quality content, despite all talk of cloud I still don't think the infrastructure is good enough to equal good old fashioned local storage - but I can certainly see it succeeding with the masses.
3G would make it cost more, if it had 3G it wouldn't be free.
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote