Thread: Writing goals
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 07:40 AM   #5
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
I have a full time job, and as Justin says, it is sometimes difficult to get going on my writing unless I force myself to do so. As a result, I have a target of 500 words per day, or more accurately 3000 per week (allowing me a day off if I need it ). I keep a running daily tally of words written to help me keep focused on my goal of 100,000 words by September.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Wilde View Post
Divide by 400 to get an approximate page count. Just gives you an idea of how long the whole thing is likely to be.
Interested that you use 400 words per page as an average. Scrivener defaults to 350 per page, and I was wondering if you chose 400 for a reason?
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote