View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 03:42 PM   #5
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
I use ePub on mine because they work well on the PEz and they support landscape, which is my favorite way to read. ePub seems to be the wave of the future, but I've been reading ebooks for several years now and lack faith in any of the DRM formats. I only buy books with removable DRM and then I remove it immediately after purchase. That way I don't have to worry about what the new reader supports.

Your LRF files will not work on the PEz, but Calibre will convert them to other formats. If they are really LRX because you bought them from the Sony store, you can redownload them now in ePub. If you're motivated enough, some Google searching for unswindle and a visit to the i♥cabbages blog should give you the information you need to unlock your Amazon books. Once they're unlocked (DRM removed), you can convert them to whatever format you want.

Calibre is an awesome program for organizing ebooks, converting them to other formats, and fixing the metadata. It will only convert books after the DRM is removed. I use Calibre to save books to the PEZ. It creates folders for me in my preferred file structure. It takes a bit of playing to get it set up to do this as you like, but then it's automatic.

Last edited by polly; 02-03-2010 at 03:49 PM.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote