View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 09:49 AM   #7
zacheryjensen
Addict
zacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-books

Device: iPad, iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutqueen View Post
I'm having a strange issue right now. I've previously been able to download epubs off BooksonBoard onto my Mac and download them to my Sony 505. I have all the normal workarounds, but tonight when I downloaded an ePub off BooksonBoard, I could not get it to work or open on my Mac (OS X). It's downloading as a .epub.jar file and then it just gets stuck. Nothing happens. I double click on the file and get an error message.

Now, if I delete the .jar extension, it acts like a regular .epub file, and then I just move it to the right folder and Add it to the Digital Editions library, etc.

But either I've forgotten how to properly download epub files to the Mac, or something change in the application used to download and process epubs to a Mac? Does anyone have any ideas? Is it just user error on my part?
Try a different browser until BoB fixes their mime types on their server. Be sure to report this behavior to them, because, honestly, they are the ones that can fix it, not this forum.
zacheryjensen is offline   Reply With Quote