View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 02:41 AM   #3
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
thanks Kacir - so the major difference is only the light? is the HD making the text sharper?
I have been reading on my PB360 for the last four years and I have been using Kindle Paperwhite alongside my old, trusty, ultra-pocketable PB360 since last November. PB360 has 5" screen with 600x800 pixels so it has 200dpi. So I am used to HD ;-)

I will try to borrow PB622 for comparison.
I will have to see what are the changes in the newest firmware compared to stock PB622 firmware. The user interface has changed substantially. In the old models it was optimized for the 5 way D-pad, and even the 603 kept its D-pad, so they had no need to change the firmware.

It seems that the new firmware is closely based on the "Pro" line firmware (that started with 2.0), because Poterm terminal emulator, version for Pro models, runs. It is very difficult to touch the command insert area so you can get the on-screen keyboard, but I managed to use it yesterday. I will have to have a look at how is the touch calibrated. I suspect it is a little bit mis-calibrated, because when I am selecting text it is a hit-and-miss.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote