Thread: Touch referencing fonts
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 05:21 PM   #7
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geco View Post
I have the Unifont font (http://unifoundry.com/unifont.html) installed (/fonts directory) and, even without referring it in the CSS (I'm also experimenting with epub constructions), it appears correctly my epubs. I've even downloaded free Japanese epub from Kobo and with such font installed they work perfectly.
がんばって、ね
Thank you for your response. I just read in another thread ([url]https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177947) that you and others indicate that the KT is able to select appropriate fonts according to the code range. Unfortunately, I cannot observe this behaviour on my KT. I have copied into my KT's fonts folder additionally the "Arial Unicode MS" and the "Tibetan Machine Uni" fonts. Looking at a book that contains Japanese and Tibetan passages, there a three results according to the font I select.
1) with "Arial Unicode MS", Japanese is displayed nicely, Tibetan unreadable (Arial Unicode Ms supports the code range of Tibetan, but does not show readable results, at least in most applications)
2) with "Tibetan Machine Uni", Tibetan is displayed somehow readable, all Japanese signs appear as question marks
3) any of the pre-installed fonts, or document default, all Tibetan and Japanese signs appear as question marks.

As you suggest, I could use a font that covers all the scripts of the languages I would like to read on the KT. The problem is, that I have not yet seen such a font with a decent quality. Therefore, I am looking for a possibility to have some passages of an epub file displayed in on font, and some other passages in another font, however, without embedding them in each and every epub-file. Maybe this is not possible on the KT. Or does somebody know how to make it work?

Thank you again for the suggestion
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote