View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 02:02 PM   #14
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallhagrid View Post
Have you had a USB stick fail yet ? A hard disk drive made less than 3 years ago ? Perhaps a PC PSU ? Those are all good examples of things suffering from drastically lowered quality in just the last 3 years.

I have PC PSUs still in use that are 12 years old and of a totally outdated standard; vs. others which were made/bought around a year ago which have already failed - another pertinent example of different qualities<->differing vintages.
I just replaced a 3-year old PSU, and was pondering about how this broke my old rule of getting 6 trouble-free years out of each PC. Looks like I have an answer (and will need to ditch that 6-year rule).

Edit: To say nothing of the spate of bad capacitors.

Last edited by jj2me; 08-15-2010 at 02:11 PM.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote