View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 03:15 PM   #8
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by geormes View Post
I am new to Tweak Book so please correct me if I am in error.

In repairing a simple text error using Tweak Book you would have to repair each chapter because each is a html file. Using convert then the search and replace the entire book can be done.

Tweak Book looks like something I can use when I have to change the CSS.
Yes you would need to repair each html file - which is easy enough if you use a text editor which can do search/replace across multiple files in one hit.

With Tweak Book, no conversion is done, just your manual edits to html (or css or toc.ncx or opf files) - whichever files need to be tweaked.

Conversions sometimes make changes (to book structure and styles) which you may prefer to avoid. If this is the case then Tweak Book is a good 'non-destructive' way of doing simple changes.

Sigil is also very good, but it has a learning curve like all powerful software.

Last edited by jackie_w; 03-17-2013 at 03:17 PM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote