View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 11:02 PM   #7
Shadowplay
Groupie
Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Unfortunately I'm 100% biased in favor of Reynolds as I've read several of his books, but none of by Banks yet. I keep meaning to get to Banks and it just hasn't happened yet.

I finished "House of Suns" a couple days ago and really enjoyed it. When people talk about Reynolds generally having a larger scope or scale to his books I'd say "House of Suns" is a great example. Without going into any real details at all (spoilers are EVIL) I can easily say the book deals with something on the scale of 6 million years of human advancement out into the galaxy, not counting what happened before that time and not counting what may or may not happen in neighboring galaxies. The key to it all is that as ridiculously huge as all that sounds, Reynolds presents it in a very plausible and accessible manner.

I can't say which I'd like better, but you certainly can't go wrong with Reynolds.
Shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote