View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 06:24 AM   #1
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Why do you upload books? Why don't you?

I'd like to know why people devote their times to upload books on MR. I would also like to know why people decide not to upload them?

You see, I love reading, so I have been converting texts to e-books for a quite long time before uploading them here on MR. There are so many books out there worth to be revived, to get a new life. As I happen to have a lot of time on my hands and am very restricted in what I can do with that time, it was a natural development to devote it to something I love.

I sometimes deplore my lack of artistic talent, so my books are not the most beautiful in the world, but I guess they are handy and clear. Essentially I am glad for every new book out in the open again. Sadly, the number of different books might be a little reduced if everybody concentrates on the bestsellers leaving the rare genre jewels in the shelves of Gutenberg or Internet Archive.

There is certainly an edge of longing for personal recognition in it, too. This personal recognition, for me, lies not in the pure number of published works, but in the satisfaction I gain for myself when I have uploaded a technically good book and I see that some people like to read that book, too.

So, what motivates you?
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote