View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 01:26 PM   #1
fafaforza
Zealot
fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Aura ONE
Fetching News UI

I don't see any improvement in this area since I've been using Calibre for a few years now. Not sure if this is the right place to make suggestions, I'm not much of a programmer, otherwise, I'd try to contribute.

I would like to set a few news sources as "favorites" so that I can download them manually with one click of a button. The only way I can do that now is to set a source as a scheduled download, and simply uncheck all the days so that it doesn't download automatically, but only when I want to.

I would imagine that this could be improved, simply putting a check next to a source to make it a favorite, maybe have a few different categories, like "daily", "monthly", even user specified labels.

And going through the process just now of setting a source as scheduled, I see another user interface problem: I have to press "Save", otherwise, if I click on another source, and go back again, my changes are lost.

However, pressing "Save" -- although saving my preference as designed -- throws me back to the main screen, and I have to navigate all over again to my source, which, for English sources, means wading through a lot of dropdowns and lists.

Perhaps there could be an "Apply" button which would keep me on the same selected news source, so that I can make similar changes to other sources without starting over.

Hope these suggestions make sense to someone. They're pretty obvious to me as a user of calibre for reading news on my eReader.
fafaforza is offline   Reply With Quote